viernes, 1 de agosto de 2014

Bad News for Microsoft: Windows 8.1 Lost some Marketshare

Yes.  According to netmarketshare.com, Windows 8.1 went down from 6.61% in June to 6.56% in July.  Windows 8 also went down from 5.93% to 5.92%.

Linux also shed users.  It went from 1.74% to 1.68%.  Well, that's not precisely breaking news.  :P  Linuxers know our OS is portrayed in the market share as an almost invisible yo-yo.  (But hey! I'm glad I found this amazing yo-yo!  You know what's best about a yo-yo OS? You REALLY need technique to do the sleeper trick when you use it! ) 



Back to the market share, what's really mind-bogging is that Vista climbed from 2.95% to 3.05%!

Seriously, what's going on?  :P

Now, I don't intend to know what's happening and I won't make any predictions, either.  To me, the OS market share is more a source to satisfy my curiosity and to have some fun.

Still, I think some people may be seriously worried about Windows 8.1.  I guess Microsoft shareholders won't be happy about this news, for example.

Meanwhile, I read this interesting article in betanews.com.

One of the comments there, to answer why Windows 8 was doing so poorly, included this image:
Seriously?  Did Bing come up with those results?  That must be a joke!  Anyway, the image tickled my curiosity.  I tried Google search to see if it was as harsh as that supposed Bing search:
Well, there you have it!  If the Bing image is real, Google seems to be less cruel!

3 comentarios:

  1. Hahahaha! You made me want to use Bing!

    I wonder what Cortana has to say about Windows 8...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Good question. But I'm not buying a Windows phone to hear what Cortana has to say!

      Eliminar
  2. Tried the bing search, but nothing came up. Guess it was made through previous searches

    ResponderEliminar