miércoles, 2 de julio de 2014

A Requiem for Vivaldi and other Thoughts about New Devices

I was struck by sad news today.  My long awaited Vivaldi tablet has become a canceled project.  Too bad!  That was the only tablet in which I could say I was truly interested.

Open hardware seems to be quite a tough goal to reach.  My ZaReason's ZaTab ZT2 is the closest thing to such ideal I own...and it is not even truly open!

Well, I guess I'll have to give up on the idea for the time being and wait for a Firefox OS tablet...

True, there are other open hardware projects.  The Novena laptop project seems to be doing pretty well, but those prices are prohibitive for me.  If I had $2000 to spend on a laptop, I'd go for ZaReason's new Mir 640

Well, I could always get a Surface Pro 3.

No, I don't think so.  Call it cat wisdom. 

3 comentarios:

  1. Oh no, I really wanted a Vivaldi myself!

    If you want to experiment with strange technology, why don't you get a Chromebook? That should be more interesting than a Surface, hahaha.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. A Chromebook? I am almost convinced...the latest models seem pretty good.

      Eliminar
    2. I read that new Chromebooks to come will be able to run Android applications, so if that's true then I'd wait for that. Otherwise you'll be stuck with the same applications, or rather extensions that you get when using Chrome.

      Eliminar